Urology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the urinary tracts of males and females, and on the reproductive system of males. Medical professionals specializing in the field of urology are called urologists and are trained to diagnose, treat, and manage patients with urological disorders. The organs covered by urology include the kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis). Urology combines management of medical (i.e., non-surgical) problems such as urinary infections, and surgical problems such as the correction of congenital abnormalities and the surgical management of cancers. Such abnormalities within the genital region are called genitourinary disorders. Urology is closely related to, and in some cases overlaps with, the medical fields of nephrology, andrology, gynecology, proctology and oncology.
- Simple and radical Nephrectomy
- Kidney stones
- Extra corporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Uretteric stones-ESWL
- Endoscopic Laser Uretero-lithotomy
- Transplantation of Ureter
- Cystoscopy-Flexible and rigid instrumentation
- T.U.R. of Bladder Tumor-Laser Aplation
- Total and Partial Cystectomy
- Urinary Bladder stones – Laser Lithotripsy, ESWL Lithotripsy
- Prostatic Biopsy
- Open Prostatectomy
- Trans Urethral Prostatectomy
- Trans Urethral Laser Prostatectomy (HoLAP)
- Urethral Dilation
- Internal Optical Urethrotomy
- External Meatomy
Penis and Testis
- Testicular or Penile Trauma
- Testicular Biopsy
- Hydrocele operation
- Varicocele operation
- Torsion of testicle
- Undesended testicle
- Abdominal Ultrasound for Kidneys, Urinary Bladder, Prostate, Testis.
- Transrectal Ultrasound for Prostate.
- Measurement of Post Voiding Residue combined with measurement of strength of Urinary Flow.
- Prostate Specific Antigen measurement and evaluation.
- Dr. Antonios Economides
- Dr. Antonis Antoniou