General surgery, despite its name, is a surgical specialty that focuses on surgical treatment of abdominal organs, e.g. intestines including esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, gallbladder and bile ducts and the thyroid gland, hernias, breast etc. Clinical Offerings SKIN:
- Excision of small skin lesions such as lipomas, papillomas, moles, Basal Cell Carcinomas (BCCa).
- Sebaceous cysts are removed under local anesthetic as outpatient procedures.
- Larger lesions such as big lipomas, malignant melanomas, skin grafts etc. are removed under general anesthetic as day cases.
- Breast biopsy, excision of benign lumps, breast abscess.
- Mastectomy (Total and segmental) for breast cancer.
- Gastrectomy for cancer of the stomach.
- Vagotomy – Pyloroplasty for Duodenal ulcer.
- Suture of perforated gastric or duodenal ulcer.
- Hiatus Hernia procedures.
SMALL AND LARGE BOWEL:
- Small bowel obstruction and release of adhesions.
- Segmental or total colostomy from malignant or benign diseases with temporary or permanent colostomy.
- Open and Laparascopic Appendicectomy.
ANAL AND PERIANAL AREA:
- Hemorrhoids. Surgical and non-surgical treatment.
- Fissure in ano.
- Fistula in ano.
- Anal and Perianal abscess.
- Pilonital abscess, sinus abscess.
- Epigastric hernia.
- Umbilical hernia.
- Inquinal hernia.
- Femoral hernia
- Incisional scar hernia repair by synthetic mesh.
- Laparascopic repair for Inquinal hernia.
- Open no tension repair for Inquinal Hernia.
- Subtotal or total thyroidectomy for benign and malignant disease.
- Varicose veins, surgical and non-surgical treatment.
LIVER AND GALL BLADDER:
- Liver biopsy, partial Hepatectomy.
- Liver abscess.
- Open and Laparascopic Cholecystectomy.
- Obstructive jaundice due to stones or other causes.
LAPAROSCOPIC PROCEDURES PERFORMED IN THE BLUE CROSS MEDICAL CENTRE:
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Inquinal hernia repair
- Release of adhesions
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Inquinal, umbilical, femoral hernia.
- Circumcision for phimosis.
- Undissected testicles operation.
- Dr. Michael Marcou
- Dr. Aristos Georgiou MD